DWS Printing & Packaging, a family owned – 5th Generation – leading label supplier, is currently seeking full-time Finishing Machine Operators for 1st & 2nd shifts. This position will report directly to the Finishing Supervisor and will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality labels are sent to customers.
Full-time, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm (1st); 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm (2nd).
- Effectively perform machine operations – converting post-press product into finished product by following job ticket instructions.
- Responsible for ensuring that machines are operating efficiently while producing product that conforms to quality standards.
- Accurately setup machines to cut and rewind to specific customer requirements.
- Perform and document quality checks to ensure compliance with company standards and customer specifications.
- Retrieve cores, boxes, and other supplies and materials for the machine and daily operation.
- Inspect equipment for defects and perform maintenance duties as necessary.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and job tickets, as well as comprehend verbal instructions.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Safely and efficiently perform all essential job functions in accordance with company policies and operating procedures.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Detail-oriented and capable of following standard work instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Health, 401(K) program.
- 2 Weeks vacation
- Position requires being able to stand for 8hr shifts
- Ability to lift 50lb
- Ability to use hand pallet jack